Friday, March 29, 2013

Welcome home, old friend

Last week, I received a package in the mail. The Stars Motel, Chicago came home from the Visions Art Museum. It’s lovely to see it again. In fact, it feels a little bit like seeing an old friend. My larger pieces take between 200-300 hours on average to complete and I often create pieces against a deadline for a juried show. As a result, I don’t get a chance to “live with them” before sending them off into the world. As you can imagine, after spending so much time working on something it can be hard to part with it, even for a little while. So, I was really excited to have it come home. I have hung it on the wall in our living room so I can see it every day. I love that each time I look at it, I see something new. 


Oh, and did I mention it was selected for the President’s Award? Pretty awesome.
This week I am grateful for:
1. Ikea
2. sweet potatoes
3. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX lens
4. good lighting
5. Hulu

No comments: